All services are available Monday through Saturday 9AM – 6PM by appointment only.
For special occasions and special needs call Thelma Carole and she will endeavor to accommodate you.
For all appointments call or email your request to Thelma Carole, owner of Edwards’ Wellness & Skin Care Facility. She is your contact for all appointments, consultations, and payment arrangements. After receiving your request Thelma Carole will take care of you personally. If Thelma Carole is unavailable, she will discuss with you who your licensed therapist will be.
Unanticipated events happen occasionally and the following policy is observed:
24-hour advance notice is required for all booked appointments. If you are unable to give 24 hours advance notice you will be charged the full amount of your appointment and must be paid in advance of your next scheduled appointment.
If you arrive late, your session may be shortened in order to accommodate the following appointments. Regardless of the length of treatment, you will be responsible for the full session. Out of respect for your therapist and other clients, please plan accordingly and so that you can enjoy the full benefits of your session.
Every client has individual needs and goals and the amount of massage will vary. To ensure the massage continues to be effective, a minimum of once a month may be recommended. Remember that each massage is cumulative and the affects of a massage will last longer with regular intervals.
- Massage enhances one’s physical, mental and emotional self.
- Increases circulation allowing more oxygen and nutrients into tissue and vital organs
- May lower blood pressure and heart rate
- Decreases tension producing relaxation and a state of well-being
- Relaxes and softens injured or overused muscles
- Reduces muscles spasms and cramping
- Increases joint flexibility and range of motion
- Reduces recovery time for strenuous workouts
- Releases endorphins to help relieve tension and/or pain
- Provides stretching and increased muscle tone
A facial is a professional cleansing, purifying and beautifying treatment of the skin on the face and neck. Facials are the number one treatment performed and a good way for your therapist to get a good understanding of your skin. Making monthly facials part of a regular routine can help prevent the signs of aging, improve skin, reduce acne and improve your overall health. Facials are generally relaxing and soothing. A basic facial generally include the following steps:
- Makeup removal and cleansing of skin
- Skin analysis
- Exfoliation by mechanical, enzymatic or chemical means
- Massage of the face and neck
- Extraction of blackheads and other impurities, either manually or using a metal extraction implement designed to clear blocked pores.
- Application of products targeted to your skin type
- Consultation on home care
Treatments and products are used to protect skin from environmental hazards, combat fine lines, wrinkles, and a dull uneven skin tone. Regular skin care therapies help you maintain your skins health and vitality. Skin care treatments are wonderfully relaxing and rejuvenating. If you are being treated by a Dermatologist, a skin care program can be designed to provide complementary and support therapies. If smooth, healthy skin is your goal, visiting Edwards’ Wellness Center can benefit you.
Reflexology is a science that deals with the principle that there are reflex areas in the feet and hands which correspond to all of the glands, organs and parts of the body. Stimulating these reflexes properly can help many health problems in a natural non-invasive way, a type of preventative maintenance. Reflexology is a serious advance in the health field and should not be confused with massage. Reflexology dates back over 5000 years when the Chinese practiced a form of pressure therapy similar to that of acupuncture.
At Edwards’ Wellness & Skin Care Facility the Ingham Compression Method of Reflexology is practiced. Eunice D. Ingham is considered the mother of modern reflexology. This method involves a special form of massage to reflex areas found on both the soles and tops of the feet as well as the foot digits. It is a wonderful option for those unable to receive a full body massage or as an add-on to any massage treatment.